Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Broccoli Soup

I've heard that there are some societies in the world where wisdom teeth aren't a problem and they don't have to be removed.  Apparently, the people's mouths are big enough to accommodate the late-comers. I've also heard that the reason the rest of our wisdom teeth wreak havoc is because our mouths are too small, because our ancestors started to eat unhealthily. And that is your fun fact for the day! (If junk food actually tasted like junk, the world would be a better place).

I finally got my wisdom teeth removed a couple weeks ago! It was definitely overdue, seeing as they had already started to push and shove the other teeth that had worn braces for two and a half years to be perfectly straight.

Getting them removed wasn't too bad. Obviously, I don't remember the actually extraction, and they've hardly hurt at all (and I didn't even take pain killers very much). And my face didn't even puff up like a chipmunk! In fact, everything went pretty great... except that I starved for a week. Humans are not meant to live off foods that don't need to be chewed. I ate yogurt, refried beans, a little bit of ice cream, a fruit shake... unsatisfying things like that. At one point, my mom got the idea to make me a cheese and broccoli soup. I'll admit that it tasted pretty good, even though we didn't have any chicken bouillion cubes. Otherwise I might not have been able to eat it, because the texture was kind of awful. But hey, it was healthy.

Mmmm.... Broccoli Soup...

And here's another picture of it!
Maybe it wasn't great. What IS great is that my mom put in so much effort to make sure there was something I could eat besides yogurt! Yeah, she's pretty awesome.

And it's also awesome that I can eat tortilla chips again.


No comments:

Post a Comment